Thursday, January 27, 2011

Design 2065 - She 27 - 1/4 Tonner


As a follow up to my posting of August 30, 2010 a blog follower was kind enough to send this image of his She 27 which he keeps on the west coast of Scotland. Nice looking boat. And it looks like beautiful cruising grounds.


Built by South Hants Marine of England, I believe quite a few of these boats were built.

Her owner states: She's one of the sweetest and most beautifully balanced yachts I've ever sailed, and I've sailed quite a few in my 40-odd years on the water. Like the best of them from Olin's drawing board, she's a witch with a bone between her teeth, hard on the wind in 20-25 knots of breeze with a 2m swell. In these conditions she happily carries her full working canvas and can be sailed, eating up the miles with just two fingers on the tiller.

It doesn't get much better than that. Thanks very much for writing in.

Here's the general arrangement plan.


Principal Dimensions
LOA 26'-0"
LWL 19'-3"
Beam 8'-6"
Draft 4'-9"
Displacement 5,255 lbs


1 comment:

  1. Firecracker IV She 27 2065

    I purchased my She 27 in October last year 2011 and had her transported to Kings Boatyard in Pin Mill, Ipswich, where she underwent a few months of work, the result was a smashing boat. Thanks to Kings dedicated and highly skilled workmanship and a good bit of cosmetic work from me and my friends Ray and Paul.

    Firecracker went afloat in early June and what a wonderful purchase she has turned out to be, she sails closer to the wind that I thought possible, faster than her size should allow and so very well balanced.

    ReplyDelete