Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Design 1925 - Captiva


This big steel cruising yacht was built by the Scheepswerf Gebr Kok Shipyard of Muiden, Holland. She was launched in 1969. The images shown are of her sister, Legend, built to the same design.

The following design review tells the story better than I can. It also included comments from the designers. Please double click for zoom.


Here are the plans.


Principal Dimensions
LOA 52'-10"
LWL 40'-0"
Beam 14'-1"
Draft 6'-9"
Displacement 53,800 lbs
Ballast 14,000 lbs
Sail Area 1,309 sq ft


2 comments:

  1. I owns the boat from 1992 the Captiva was build for a jeweler Clemens jeweler of New Jersey I had her from 92 until my divorce in 2000 and still miss my baby, 23000 miles of pure joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my first ocean crossing, I was docket at the fuel dock in Horta ,Azores when the sistership pulled up besides me, his was build out of aluminum , I left my marque on the dock, she was then named "Quiqueg II" and my design was a wale , formed from the letters Quiqueg II,

    ReplyDelete