Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Design 2135-C3 - Northstar 600

Back in July we posted an article about the Northstar 500, a racy looking little 1/4 tonner. The design was then developed into a cruising boat, and renamed the Northstar 600. The boat was also known as the Northstar 26 and later, the Hughes 26 once Hughes took over production. The production run began in 1975 and ended in 1977.

Here's the brochure.


And here's the general arrangement plan.


Principal Dimensions
LOA 25'-11"
LWL 20'-3"
Beam 9'-0"
Draft 4'-0"
Displacement 4,598 lbs
Ballast 2,000 lbs
Sail Area 281 sq ft

3 comments:

  1. I've owned a 1976 Northstar 600 for the past two years, This is my first boat and I am very pleased with the performance and comforts this boat provides. I'm currently restoring the boat and I have already updated many things on her. Great boat. I plan to keep her a good while sailing the coastal waters of Newfoundland. Thank you for posting this information about this fine boat

    Derrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have owned one for 23 years. I love it despite the smallish cockpit as it is usually just me and girlfriend anyhow. Great cabin and very solid boat. Only complaint is that I have an outboard that can swamp or come right out of the water in short steep waves, and with a high freeboard it can be challenging to get into a slip on windy days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have owned this type boat for ten years as a first boat. My kids grew up on this boat and have gone onto be great sailers having sailed many chicago to mac races and numerous other mid-continent regatas. great starter boat and fun to match.

    ReplyDelete