Monday, August 15, 2011

Design 619 - Loki Yawls


Back in April I posted an article on the "original" Loki yawls. It appears I was wrong. This design was the original Loki. My confusion lies in the fact the very same yard, Albert Lemos of Riverside, Rhode Island, built the first two boats, Loki and Chance, for the very same clients. Both were launched in 1947. Six boats were built to this design.


Here are the plans.


Here's an early article. Please double click for zoom.


Principal Dimensions
LOA 38'-0"
LWL 26'-0"
Beam 9'-7"
Draft 5'-8"
Displacement 18,600 lbs
Sail Area 701 sq ft

2 comments:

  1. If any loki owners would like some more photos of the design, please let me know
    Mike
    mikefreinberg@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolute perfection. Can't take my eyes off her. There are boats--the Lightning, the Laser, the 210, that achieve perfection, or come very close to it. Loki is such a boat. She is why we go sailing.

    Paul J. Nolan





    ReplyDelete