Friday, October 14, 2011

Design 1197 - Windbourne II


The more I study this design the more I am impressed. I could be perfectly happy with this for a cruising boat. Windbourne II was built by Paul Molich of Denmark, a top notch builder. She is constructed of wood and launched in 1956.


Here are a couple of magazine reviews. Please double click for zoom.


Here are the plans.


And some detailed images, both inside and out.


Principal Dimensions
LOA 40'-0"
LWL 27'-10"
Beam 10'-10"
Draft 5'-9"
Displacement 18,230 lbs
Ballast 6,500 lbs
Sail Area 750 sq ft


1 comment:

  1. I like this boat!

    a striking feature for me is the sprayhoood: I have not seen many on units from the 1950s and this one is very nice and fairly discreet. For some reason I was completely oblivious to the wide beam and deep draught before reading the Yachting World article, which is also right to point them out as desirable for British waters.
    Very elegant design I say.

    ReplyDelete